- Rice – 1 cup
- Pine Nut – 1/2 cup
- Water – 4 cup
- Jujube – 1
- Wash rice, and soak it in water for more than 30 minutes.
- Clean pine nuts, and leave 6 pine nuts for decoration purpose.
- Clean jujube, and cut in the middle to take out seed. Cut into small pieces.
- Pour rest of the pine nuts, soaked rice, and 1 cup of water into a blender, and grind them.
- Pour 1 more cup of water and grind.
- Pour the mixture into a sauce pan with jujube.
- Place it on medium high heat and keep stirring slowly with wooden spatula until the mixture gets almost thick as ketchup. Season with salt.
- Serve in a bowl and decorate with pine nuts.
In the past the jatjuk was the kind of palace cuisine served to the king. Its high nutritional proportions come from cypress nuts that contain high protein and unsaturated fatty acids.