- 1 cup rice
- 4 abalones
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- soy sauce
- Wash rice, soak in water for 30 minutes, drain.
- Insert the knife on the bottom of abalone, slice out carefully.
- You can use black gall bladder attached to the outside of abalone.
- It tastes bitter, so I prefer remove it, but it is very nutritious.
- Slice thinly, then cut into very small pieces.
- Heat pan, add abalone and sesame oil, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice, cover with 7 cups of water, stir and make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, don’t stir too much.
- Stirring makes the porridge gummy, so leave as it is until the rice absorbs most of the water.
- It will take about an hour to finish the porridge.
- Stir if the rice sticks to the bottom.
- Add more water if needed until rice loose it’s shape and get mush.
- Serve with soy sauce.